Recofloor, a United Kingdom-based organization founded by flooring manufacturers Altro and Polyflor, will honor what it calls vinyl flooring recycling champions at its 2014 annual awards event, to be held March 12 in Birmingham, U.K.
Recofloor is a national vinyl flooring recycling program designed to work with the supply chain to divert vinyl flooring waste and scrap from the landfill.
“Demonstrating our commitment to green issues certainly acts as a ‘selling tool’ for our business,” says Sean Dawson, managing director of Hull Flooring and a previous Gold Award winner. “As margins get tighter, this helps to differentiate our business and attract new customers through being able to offer that little bit extra.”
Material collected by the Recofloor’s more than 500 members is recycled back into products such as new flooring.
Nominees are being selected in eight categories, plus Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards, that reward members’ commitment, contribution and achievements in 2013.
The categories are: Construction Project of the Year; Contractor of the Year; Distributor of the Year; Drop-off Site Member of the Year; Greatest Improver; Best Newcomer; Recofloor Champion and Outstanding Achievement.
“The Recofloor Awards program is a much-anticipated event by our members, offering excellent networking opportunities to share expert knowledge and learn more about how the scheme can work for your business,” says Carla Eslava, Recofloor’s project officer.
(In the photo above right, the Recofloor Green Apple Award for 2013 is displayed by Matt Charlton, left, and Carla Eslava, right, of Recofloor with Miss UK Green Queen Sophie Desbrow in the center.)
Latest from Construction & Demolition Recycling
- TEC Equipment’s Portland, Oregon, location earns Mack EV certification status
- ABC: Record 88 percent of US construction industry does not belong to a union
- Komar acquires PTR Baler & Compactor Co.
- Department of Labor announces safety enforcement guidance changes
- Brightmark announces new chief financial officer
- The Crosby Group and Kito Corp. merge, form Kito Crosby
- Exodus Global announces promotion
- EPA settles with contractor on lead abatement issues