The National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA), Arlington, Virginia, has elected Don Ross to serve as chairman of the board of trustees and reelected Dave Call as its treasurer. Their terms will commence at the conclusion of the board meeting being held at WasteExpo in May.
“I am excited to be working with Don in his new role as chairman with the enthusiasm and ideas that he brings to everything that he tackles,” says Darrell Smith, NWRA president and CEO. “Likewise, I am pleased that Dave will continue to serve as our treasurer. I look forward to working with Don and Dave as they both bring tremendous experience and I appreciate their perspective.”
Ross is the vice president of McLaughlin Family Cos., Scranton, Iowa.
Call is the senior vice president for business development at Republic Services, Phoenix.
NWRA says it has traditionally alternated the chairmanship between its services and suppliers members.
Ross will replace Ben Harvey, who is completing his sixth consecutive one-year term as chairman. Harvey will continue to serve as a member of the board.
“I congratulate Ben on his successful chairmanship during which he has led NWRA to unprecedented heights in financial performance, advocacy and safety,” Smith says. “His continued service on the board of trustees will help ensure a smooth transition.”
Latest from Construction & Demolition Recycling
- Vermeer launches CS3500 contaminant separator
- Toyota Motor Handling promotes 2 to from within
- Creating a sustainable shingle
- SDI reports profitable end to 2022
- National Equipment Dealers expands sale of Fuchs Material Handlers equipment to Georgia
- NAPA survey shows 95 percent of RAP is reused in new pavement
- Steel output in US advancing slowly
- EvoQuip adds Canadian distributor