Capital Waste Services LLC (CWS), a portfolio company of New York City-based Kinderhook Industries LLC, has announced the acquisition of Pee Dee Environmental Services Inc., Florence, South Carolina.
Pee Dee owns a Class II construction and demolition waste landfill, which represents Capital Waste’s sixth add-on acquisition and Kinderhook’s 58th environmental/business services transaction since its 2003 inception.
“We are excited to expand CWS’ capabilities in our core South Carolina market. With the addition of Pee Dee, we will expand the reach of our roll-off operations in the region, with a vertically integrated service offering,” CWS CEO Matt Parker says. “Former owner, Richard Bonnoitt, has built a great operation. We are eager to continue to invest in the landfill and provide the best service in the market.”
CWS has 75,000 residential customers across 12 long-term municipal contracts, as well as 10,000 commercial, industrial and construction and demolition waste customers. It’s based in Columbia, South Carolina, and operates seven hauling locations, two transfer stations and two landfills in the region.
“Pee Dee represents a well-positioned asset sitting in a desirable geography,” Kinderhook Managing Director Rob Michalik says. “As one of the few remaining independent disposal outlets in the market, we see a strong opportunity to drive outsized growth at the site.”
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP served as legal counsel for the transaction.
Latest from Construction & Demolition Recycling
- Consortium launches full-Scale, closed-loop PFAS solution
- Western Placer WMA joins Bye Bye Mattress collection program
- Sennebogen's high reaching demolition machine
- Rebound in Turkey has ferrous market optimistic
- TEC Equipment’s Portland, Oregon, location earns Mack EV certification status
- ABC: Record 88 percent of US construction industry does not belong to a union
- Komar acquires PTR Baler & Compactor Co.
- Department of Labor announces safety enforcement guidance changes