Heavy duty vehicle lift leader Stertil-Koni, with U.S. headquarters in Stevensville, Maryland, has announced that it is sponsoring National Lift Week, which will take place Oct. 7-12. Now entering its sixth year, the six-day event showcases best practices in vehicle lift safety, service and performance.
“In the demanding world of fleet maintenance facilities, safety is always mission number one, a reality that is especially pertinent as vehicle servicing and repair have become increasingly complex,” says Stertil-Koni President Jean DellAmore. “With that as the backdrop, the goal of National Lift Week is to promote a workplace environment for the busy tech on the shop floor that is safe, efficient and ergonomically maximized, all utilizing the very best in vehicle lifting technology and best practices.”
To advance these objectives, Stertil-Koni says its trained network of distributors across North America will host live vehicle lift product demos, hands-on briefings and educational updates associated with the latest advancements in vehicle lifting safety, features and environmental stewardship.
For each of the six days of National Lift Week, Stertil-Koni and its team will focus on key attributes of the most popular vehicle lifting systems in use today. Key focuses for each day are as follows:
1. Mobile Column Monday will extoll the benefits of portable vehicle lifting columns.
2. Two-Post Tuesday will highlight the usefulness of two-post vehicle lifts.
3. Wireless Wednesday will demonstrate the safety and performance attributes of wireless vehicle lifting systems.
4. Earthy Thursday will provide updates about new initiatives in environmentally friendly vehicle lifts.
5. Wheels-Free Friday will explore lifting systems that provide wheels-free lifting to allow technicians to perform comprehensive vehicle maintenance and service.
6. Safety Saturday will present multiple approaches to advance shop safety, including the importance of third-party lift certification by the industry’s third-party watchdog, the Automotive Lift Institute (ALI); the scope of the ALI Lift Inspector Certification program; and the importance of regularly scheduled lift inspections.
“At Stertil-Koni, we strongly believe that every day is an extension of National Lift Week, and we are pleased to join with our colleagues in the entire vehicle lifting sector to shine an even brighter light on the importance of vehicle lift safety and best practices,” DellAmore says.