Case CE CX290D material handler
Case Construction Equipment (Case CE), Racine, Wisconsin, has introduced two crawler excavators to its D series: the CX290D material handler and CX290D scrap loader. Features of the CX290D series material handler include:
- an operating weight of 72,100 pounds
- lift capacities of up to 24,650 pounds
- a longer arm and boom with optimized hydraulic circuits
- designed specifically for use with grapples, magnets, shears and other attachments used in the scrap and waste industries
Visit www.casece.com for more information.
Peterson 3310B drum chipper
Peterson Pacific Corp., a manufacturer of wood grinding and chipping machines headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, has announced the introduction of the new Peterson 3310B drum chipper. Features of the drum chipper include:
- can handle up to 24-inch diameter logs
- fully enclosed engine compartment designed to keep the machine clean
- the same drum and knife design from the larger 4300-series drum chippers
- a four-pocket drum for typical biomass chips or an eight-pocket drum for microchipping applications
Visit www.petersoncorp.com for more information.
Fairbanks Scales FB2558 weighing instrument
Fairbanks Scales Inc., Kansas City, Missouri, has released what it says is the “new and improved” FB2550 instrument, the FB2558. According to the company, the unit maintains an industry leading feature set while incorporating faster processing power, an updated operating system and more memory. Features include:
- an integrated web utility that gives technicians complete access to all menu options, including calibration, with a user-friendly, web-accessible interface
- all configuration and calibration functions can be performed from a connected laptop or tablet using an Ethernet crossover cable or an existing network
- can be calibrated from the scale platform when used with Fairbanks’ Remote Configuration Device (RCD)
- users can automatically email transactional data or trouble codes
Visit www.fairbanks.com for more information.
Remav LA 1400/LA 1200 lightweight separator
Remav GmbH, Viernheim, Germany, has released the LA 1400/LA 1200 lightweight separator designed to separate floating, light-weight materials, including foam, wood, Styrofoam, insulation, cork, aerated concrete and mineral substances such as concrete, gravel and stones. Features of the separator include:
- can recycle up to 70 container loads per hour
- system is continuously fed using a sieve or a conveyor belt
- feed suitable for a grain size of up to 6 inches in diameter
- 20 feet length and a task height of around 9 feet
Visit www.remav.de/com for more information.
Thunder Creek Equipment service and lube trailer
Thunder Creek Equipment, Pella, Iowa, has redesigned its service and lube trailer (SLT) to include a new chassis and front-end design, expanded storage in the front, and rear utility boxes. Other features include:
- tank is designed to hold 440 gallons of fluid in up to eight tanks
- can hold 25-, 55- and 110-gallon tanks
- a modular design that allows owners to add new features and other components
- customizable with up to eight fluids, plus separate solutions for diesel exhaust fluid and grease
Visit www.thundercreek.com for more information.
BFGoodrich Cross Control D all-terrain tire
BFGoodrich, Greenville, South Carolina, has launched a new all-terrain tire, the Cross Control D. The tire can be used in the construction, logging and energy industries that encounter aggressive conditions. Features of the tire include:
- thick sidewalls designed to resist damage from impacts
- 25 percent more lugs on the road to grip snow, mud and dirt
- a 75 percent wider protector ply than a leading competitor, according to the company
- available in 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes (load range H)
Visit www.bfgoodrichtires.com for more information.
CP Group auger screen
CP Group, San Diego, has introduced the CP auger screen, which it describes as “the industry’s first true anti-wrapping, nonblinding screen for material recovery facilities (MRFs).” Features of the CP Group’s auger screen include:
- uses a series of cantilevered augers that do not wrap or jam because of their corkscrewing motion
- augers are made from abrasion-resistant steel
- can be used in various applications, including municipal solid waste, single stream, construction and demolition (C&D) and commercial and industrial applications
- largest model can handle 35 tons per hour of inbound single-stream material, 60 tons per hour of commercial material and 80 tons per hour of C&D
Visit www.cpgrp.com for more information.
Eriez RevX-E eddy current separator
Erie, Pennsylvania-based Eriez has announced that its latest generation of the Eriez RevX-E product line includes what it calls “a variety of maintenance-friendly enhancements, including an innovative cantilever frame design that enables 10-minute belt changes.” Other features of the RevX-E include:
- a direct drive for the rotor and conveyor
- larger side panels to allow open access to the ECS conveyor
- a hood with adjustable splitter to switch between the fines adjustment for small particles and the rack and pinion adjustment
- designed for the separation of nonferrous metals
- contains a magnetic rotor in the nonconductive shell
Visit www.eriez.com for more information.
Rigaku KT-100S handheld analyzer
Rigaku Analytical Devices, a manufacturer of handheld and portable spectroscopic analyzers with U.S. headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas, demonstrated its newest handheld analyzer for metal alloy analysis at the annual ISRI2018 convention and exposition. Features of the KT-100S include:
- uses laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy
- provides an alternative for identifying a larger number of alloys
- designed for on-the-spot identification of the most difficult alloys
- MIL-STD 810G drop-test certified and IP-54 dust protection rated
- can be used in scrap metal sorting, quality assurance and positive material identification
Visit www.rigaku.com for more information.
Rotochopper dual-motor drive for horizontal grinders
Rotochopper, St. Martin, Minnesota, has introduced a new 1,000-horsepower dual-motor drive option for the B-66 E electric-powered horizontal grinder. Features of the dual-motor drive include:
- designed to reduce operating and maintenance costs compared to a single-motor drive
- minimizes amperage surges at startup
- lower repair costs in the event of downtime
- decreases the lead time and cost of replacement parts compared to a single larger motor
- smaller motors bring the capacity of higher horsepower
- designed to help customers process increased volumes of materials
Visit www.rotochopper.com for more information.
Machinex SamurAI robotic sorter
Machinex presented its new sorting robot, SamurAI, at WasteExpo April 24-26 in Las Vegas and at the IFAT exhibition in Munich, May 14-18. Features of the SamurAI include:
- employs artificial intelligence (AI) technology from AMP Robotics, Colorado, and robotic hardware from Machinex
- operates according to a predetermined order of tasks
- averages 70 picks per minute
- has been designed to accommodate conveyor widths of up to 48 inches
- uses a four articulations robot to identify materials for product recovery or quality control
Visit www.machinextechnologies.com for more information.
Husqvarna K770 power cutter
Husqvarna, Olathe, Kansas, has introduced its K770 power cutter. The K770 power cutter features the company’s SmartTension system designed for optimum power transmission, minimum wear and maximum belt life. Other features of the K770 include:
- 5-inch cutting depth
- 14-inch blade diameter
- 5-horsepower output
- suitable for road work and designed to easily cut in a straight or curved track