GFL Environmental Inc., Ontario, Canada, recently released its inaugural sustainability report. The 2019 Environmental Sustainability Report details the company's approach to sustainability and its 2019 results.
"Our first sustainability report is an opportunity for us to reflect on our achievements to date, take stock of where we are and what we offer today and to confirm our focus for the future. The depth, diversity and success that we have achieved does not happen overnight. It comes from sustainability being core to who we are, what we do and how we work—from our front line to our leadership," GFL founder and CEO Patrick Dovigi says.
As highlighted in the report, GFL's corporate sustainability achievements in fiscal year 2019 include:
- 3,153,304 metric tons of carbon dioxide-equivalent of avoided emissions
- 1,169,370 metric tons of materials diverted from landfills
- 732,077 metric tons of materials recovered
- 3,700,000 metric tons of soil recycled
- 437,293 metric tons of organic waste processed
- 244 million liters of used motor oil and antifreeze recycled
The complete 2019 Environmental Sustainability Report is available online.