The Construction & Demolition Recycling Association’s (CDRA’s) Risk Management Committee announced the results of its 2021 Safety Awards on Feb. 23. Twelve construction and demolition recycling companies garnered recognition for embodying excellence in the areas of safety and risk management through the awards.
Companies can submit an application to the CDRA for consideration for the award. According to the association, beyond the honor of potentially being recognized, filling out the application for the Safety Award allows companies to assess their operations and identify potential shortcomings, or positive practices, related to safe operations.
For 2021, 10 companies reached or maintained Gold Status, the Safety Awards’ highest recognition:
• Champion Waste & Recycling, Dallas
• Cherry Companies, Houston
• DTG Recycle, Mill Creek, Washington
• Gray & Son Inc., Timonium, Maryland
• Lautenbach Recycling, Mt. Vernon, Washington
• Michael Brothers Hauling, Baldwin, Pennsylvania
• Premier Recycle Co., San Jose, California
• Resource Waste Services, Albany, New York
• Southwind RAS, Bartlett, Illinois
Two other companies achieved Silver Status:
• Mazza Recycling Services, Tinton Falls, New Jersey
• R&B Debris, Hainesport, New Jersey
While the Safety Awards program has been instituted by the CDRA for the past five years, the association says its Risk Management Committee is planning to further expand, modify and upgrade the criteria for the award in order to help participants reach higher levels of safety.
All the awards will be given out at C&D World 2021, the CDRA’s in-person annual meeting taking place March 21-23 in Austin, Texas.
In addition to its awards program, C&D World 2021 will feature an economic forecast, end markets discussions, discussions on accessing government grants, and other C&D-focused sessions.
In hosting C&D World, CDRA says the association will be adhering to all recommended CDC guidelines to hold the event safely. To accommodate those attendees not ready to travel, a virtual option will be offered to stream the event’s educational sessions.
Registration information is available on the CDRA website.