Bristol Township, Pennsylvania, approves C&D recycling center

Bristol Township, Pennsylvania, approves C&D recycling center

Bristol Township Recycling has received the green light to construct the facility, which is expected to divert roughly 80 percent of debris dropped off by commercial and residential customers.

Subscribe
November 30, 2020

A construction and demolition (C&D) recycling separation center is planned for Bristol Township, Pennsylvania, reports LevvittownNow.com.

The Bristol Township Council recently approved plans by Bristol Township Recycling LLC to construct the facility at 2607 and 2513 Old Rodgers Road, which will replace a trailer storage lot and maintenance center.

The roughly 46,000-square-foot recycling center will be housed on a 4.1-acre site in a light manufacturing zone. All of the recycling separation will take place inside the building.

Attorney Michael Meginniss, who was representing Bristol Township Recycling, told the council that the company plans to divert about 80 percent of debris dropped off by commercial and residential customers to an off-site recycling center. The remaining 20 percent would go to a landfill.

“This will be a functional alternative to a landfill,” Meginniss said. 

The plans call for knocking down an existing building, repaving the parking lot, adding drainage to the site and building an underground basin.

The company plans add several jobs at the new facility, officials said.

“We think this is a much better use for this property,” Meginniss told council before they gave the green light.