Awards will be presented at CDRA annual membership meeting March 5 in Las Vegas.
The Construction & Demolition Recycling Association (CDRA) is accepting nominations for its 2014 awards program. The association says the awards will be presented to individuals in C&D recycling who have made significant contributions to the industry at its annual membership meeting March 5 at the Paris Resort & Spa in Las Vegas. Nominations will be reviewed and winners determined by a committee. Nominations must be received by Feb. 3. Awards descriptions are as follows.
Construction & Demolition Recycling Hall of Fame
The Construction & Demolition Recycling Hall of Fame honors those individuals whose careers have best served the industry and the CDRA. Recyclers and vendors are eligible for the reward.
“The Hall of Fame provides a way to spotlight the pioneers and leaders in the C&D industry,” says Valerie Montecalvo, CDRA president and president of Bayshore Recycling, Keasbey, N.J. “But our goal with all these awards is to recognize excellence within the C&D recycling industry. It always means more when the recognition comes from one’s peers.”
This institution is to honor those prominent leaders and pioneers in the C&D recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to and earned the respect of the industry. Additionally, to honor those who have made an extraordinary contribution to their community, both personally and professionally; to recognize the achievements of those who have shown, by their example, the importance of promoting and defending the environmentally sound recycling C&D material through innovative processes along with encouraging and supporting others to build a career in the C&D recycling industry; and to recognize leadership in advocating for the environmentally sound practices with the regulating agencies and legislative bodies governing waste regulations.
Requirements for candidates for the Hall of Fame:
- Candidates must exemplify leadership, defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the industry and to improving the processes, efficiencies and/or the human relations of the industry in an active capacity for a minimum of 10 years;
- Candidates’ business actions and personal behavior should demonstrate courageous thinking and actions as well as vision and innovation; and
- Candidates can come from the industry as an owner, operator or vendor.
Download a nomination application here.
CDRA Recycler of the Year
The CDRA Recycler of the Year recognizes the individual or company that exemplifies excellence in the C&D industry. The award is meant to honor those recycling operations in the C&D recycling industry that have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry through one or more of the following criteria:
- Advancing business operations that result in increase recycling percentages;
- Developing novel methods of marketing and conducting business;
- Innovative practices in employer-employee relations;
- Ensuring safer operations;
- Protecting the environment; and
- Developing industry standards.
Download a nomination application here.
CDRA Member of the Year
The CDRA Member of the Year is presented to the board member or committee member who has most served the association in the previous year. The Member of the Year will be selected by the CDRA president based on extraordinary service to the mission of the organization and the C&D recycling industry through the following criteria during the previous 12-month period:
- Candidates must exemplify leadership, defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the association and to lending quantifiable contributions to association; and
- Candidates must either serve on a CDRA Committee or the CDRA Board of Directors.
Entries are due by Feb. 3, and can be sent via email to email@example.com. For more information, contact the CDRA at 630-585-7530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.