1. Atlas Copco Pit Viper 311 Drill. Atlas Copco, Commerce City, Colo., has introduced the Pit Viper 311 (PV) drill. The company says the wide-range rotary blasthole PV-311 drill is designed to meet the demands of the mining market with the systems, components and technology of the Pit Viper series. Features include:
- Capacity to drill holes to a maximum depth of 125 feet
- Offers a narrow range of hole sizes from 9 to 12.25 inches
- Larger windows and mirrors than previous models
- Drive train options with Tier 4 and Tier 2 diesel engine alternatives
Visit www.atlascopco.us for more information.
2. Irock TS-516 High Capacity Scalper. Irock, a manufacturer of mobile screening and crushing equipment based in Valley View, Ohio, has introduced the TS-516 High Capacity Scalper. Features include:
- Designed to be used in a primary crusher circuit for materials such as construction and demolition waste, iron ore, aggregates, coal, recycling and heavy rock and also can handle sticky clay and topsoil, according to the company
- The scalper is powered by a 129-horsepower, Caterpillar C4.4 engine and is able to process materials at a rate of up to 570 tons per hour
- Equipment has 157 square feet of screening area having a 16-feet-by-5-feet top deck and a 15-feet, 4-inch-by-5-feet bottom deck
- The design allows users to produce and sort products in up to three different sizes, and the decks can be interchanged
- Features a 63-inch oversize conveyor
Visit www.irockcrushers.com for more information.
3. Hitachi Construction ProductS ZX180LC-5 Excavator. The ZX180LC-5 excavator from Hitachi Construction Products, Moline, Ill., is specifically designed for small local contractors. Features include:
- Can come equipped with either a 2.71-meter (8-feet, 10 inch) or 3.21-meter (10 feet, 6-inch) arm; 3910-kilogram (8,620-pound) counterweight; and 600-, 700-, or 800-milimeter (24-, 28-, or 32-inch) triple semi-grouser shoes
- The Isuzu AI-4JJ1 diesel engine generates 121 horsepower and employs a cooled exhaust gas-recirculation (EGR) platform paired with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) to meet EPA IT4/EU Stage IIIB emissions regulations
Visit www.hitachiconstruction.com for more information.
4. Powerscreen Warrior 1400X Screen. Powerscreen, Dungannon, Northern Ireland, a provider of mobile crushing and screening equipment has launched the Warrior 1400X screen. Features include:
- A reduction in fuel consumption of up to 15 percent in comparison to its predecessor
- An increase by up to 25 percent stockpiling capacity
- Can be fitted with either a Tier 3/Stage 3A Caterpillar C4.4 ATAAC - 4 cylinder diesel engine developing 120 horsepower at 1,800 rpm, or a Tier 4i/Stage 3B Caterpillar C4.4 - 4 cylinder diesel engine developing 110 horsepower at 1,800 rpm
Visit www.powerscreen.com for more information.