1. CEAttachments Edge Hydraulic Breakers. CEAttachments, West Bend, Wis., manufactures Edge hydraulic breakers with only two moving parts, which, according to the company, provide enough power to break through tough materials. Additional features include:
- Nitrogen-charged backhead increases impact energy
- No through-bolts and replaceable front wear bushings designed for easy maintenance
- Advanced hydraulic circuit for increased flow to the valve and piston
- Available for use on compact excavators in models with impact energy classes from 150 pound-feet to 1,500 pound-feet
Visit www.ceattachments.com for more information.
2. Caterpillar Off-Highway Trucks. Caterpillar, Peoria, Ill., has introduced two new off-highway trucks: the 770G and the 772G. Features include:
- Advancements in emissions technology, including selective catalytic reduction (SCR), which works in stages to reduce exhaust emissions from the truck
- A new transmission control system, Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS), improves shift quality, provides faster acceleration and cycle times and better speed on grade
- Nominal rated payload capacities are 40 tons (770G) and 52 tons (772G)
- Equipped with Cat C15 and C18 engines with power ratings of 477 horsepower (770G) and 550 horsepower (772G)
Visit www.cat.com for more information.
3. Terex TXH Series Hydraulic Hammers. Westport, Conn.-based Terex’s TXH Series hydraulic hammers are built for complete compatibility with Terex compact excavators and loader backhoes, the company says. Features include:
- Vibra-silenced, via the polymer suspension pad, to reduce total operator and carrier machine vibration exposure
- High-blow energy is constant throughout the engine rev range and has a low susceptibility to back pressure
- One-piece box design does not use cross-bolts, allowing the hammer to work in a narrower trench
Visit www.terex.com for more information.
4. Hyundai Tier 4 HL730-9A Wheel Loader. Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas Inc., a earth moving equipment manufacturer based in Elk Grove Village, Ill., has introduced its newest wheel loader model, the HL730-9A. Features include:
- Equipped with a fuel efficient, low noise 128-horsepower Cummins Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB QSB4.5 engine
- Fully automatic transmission is designed for maximum durability, minimum power loss, improved travel speed and low noise
- A 2.5 cubic yard bucket capacity and a 20,170 pounds bucket breakout force
- A rounded front windshield, which is 17 percent wider than previous models, provides operators with a wider field view
- Designed for a range of applications including construction, demolition, recycling, utilities and agriculture
Visit www.hyundaiamericas.com for more information.