Schenck Process, Kansas City, Missouri, a global market leader of measuring and process technology solutions, announces it has achieved U.S. legal-for-trade status for its single weighing section, coupled in-motion rail scale system. The certification process was completed in February 2018, and Schenck Process was issued the NTEP Certificate of Conformance 14-067A1.
According to Schenck Process, MultiTrain LegalWeight offers an alternative for industries with limited track downtime for installation. The ballast supported design replaces the traditional concrete foundation with a ballast embedded legal-for-trade rail scale. LegalWeight’s reduced installation time compared to other manufacturers is of great benefit to the customer, says Schenck Process.
MultiTrain LegalWeight can be used in the following industries that require legal-for-trade weights:
- aggregated and bulk solid materials;
- scrap metal and steel;
- waste management;
- wood products, lumber and paper;
Schenck Process says scales are more important than ever in the U.S. rail industry today. The rail weighing market is placing a strong emphasis on productivity with verification of weights used for custody transfer
According to the company, key features of MultiTrain LegalWeight include:
- installs in less than one day;
- harsh environment design;
- eliminating rail-gaps increases speed of weighing three times;
- speeds can exceed 55 mph nonweighing;
- eliminates concrete foundations;
- eliminates hazardous confined spaces;
- relocation is possible;
- collects AEI tag information;
- derailment prevention data;
- prevents damage to rail infrastructure;
- increased safety to the public;
- reduction of fees/fines.
Schenck Process is a global market leader of solutions in measuring and process technologies for industrial weighing, feeding, conveying, screening, automation and air filtration. The company develops, manufactures and markets solutions, products and turnkey systems.