|Goodyear's G731 MSA tire||Goodyear's G751 MSA tire|
The new Goodyear G731 MSA and G751 MSA mixed-service tires will be available this summer. Fleets will be able to buy several sizes of these tires with Goodyear’s exclusive DuraSeal Technology.
Goodyear DuraSeal Technology is a gel-like rubber compound that is built into the tire’s casing at the time of manufacture and instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to one-fourth-inch in diameter in the repairable area of a tire’s tread.
“Goodyear DuraSeal Technology helps keep trucks up and running, which helps prevent expensive downtime, lowering fleets’ overall operating costs,” says Brian Buckham, marketing manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “Goodyear is the only tire company that offers this unique, money-saving technology.”
Both the G731 MSA and G751 MSA also contain other features to help fleets lower their operating costs. The G731 MSA, which is designed for 20 percent on-road and 80 percent off-road service applications, features:
- more wearable rubber volume that offers up to 5 percent more miles to removal than its predecessor, the Goodyear G288 MSA;
- special tread compound for enhanced resistance to cuts, chips and tears;
- lower rolling resistance construction and greenhouse gas emission-compliancy for enhanced fuel efficiency;
- a wider footprint for extra traction and stability; and
- a sturdy, tough casing for retreading to improve a fleet’s tire return on investment.
The G751 MSA, which is designed for 80 percent on-road and 20 percent off-road service applications, features:
- a high-scrub tread compound for cut, chip and tear resistance and more wearable rubber, which provides up to 50 percent more miles to removal than its predecessor, the Goodyear G287 MSA;
- a wider footprint to help improve stability and traction;
- lower rolling resistance construction and greenhouse gas emission-compliancy for enhanced fuel efficiency; and
- a sturdy, tough casing for retreading.
“These premium tires are big on tread life, toughness and fuel economy, and Goodyear’s exclusive, self-sealing DuraSeal Technology will help keep them up and running,” says Buckham. “We’re confident that the G731 MSA and G751 MSA will become the tires of choice for mixed-service fleet managers who want to lower their overall operating costs.”