1. Brokk tank cutter attachment. Brokk Inc., Monroe, Washington, has released the TC120 Tank Cutter attachment. Manufactured by its sister company, Germany-based Darda, the TC120 attachment is designed to deliver maximum cutting control and versatility for continuous steel cutting abilities. Features include:
- can be used with the Brokk 160, 260 and 400 models
- exerts 75 tons of cutting force at 7,250 psi, which allows it to cut through one half-inch thick steel plate, says the company
- commonly employed for cutting steel tanks, pipes and vessels, it can also be used in scrap yards and at baler applications
Visit www.brokk.com/us for more information.
2. Machinex optical sorter. Machinex Group, Plessisville, Quebec, has introduced an optical sorting machine, the MACH Hyspec. Features include:
- a high-speed, short-wave infrared (SWIR) hyperspectral detection system detects different material types such as plastics, fiber and wood products
- has the option of color recognition and a metal detector
- can be used in different types of material recovery facilities, such as single-stream, construction and demolition, municipal solid waste and other applications
- a high-speed detection system takes less than 1 millisecond to analyze the belt, says the company
Visit www.machinexrecycling.com for more information.
3. Goodyear waste haul tire. Akron, Ohio-based Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched what it says is the company’s longest-wearing waste haul tire. Features include:
- new sidewall protector shingles to help resist sidewall scuffing in high-scrub applications
- a steel belt and casing package for enhanced toughness, endurance and retreadability
- an optimized shoulder design to help direct pressure away from the tire’s outer tread, which promotes uniform tread wear
- a wide footprint to enhance cornering and handling when used on local streets
- a scrub-resistant compound and a 24/32-inch tread depth
- option of Goodyear’s DuraSeal Technology, which instantly seals nail-hole punctures
Visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com for more information.
4. Volvo crawler excavator. Volvo Construction Equipment, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, has introduced the EC220E crawler excavator. Features include:
- 22-ton EC220E is fitted with a top-range Tier 4 Final Volvo D6 engine
- fully optimized hydraulics system and Volvo ECO mode
- auto engine shutdown designed to help reduce fuel consumption and emissions
- increased pump input power enables highly responsive operation for greater productivity and cycle times
- functions such as the windshield wipers, cameras and auto-mute can be assigned a shortcut button on the joystick
Visit www.volvoce.com for more information.
5. Caterpillar D2 loaders. Caterpillar, Peoria, Illinois, has introduced the new D2 Series loaders: the 272D2 skid steer loader, the 297D2 multiterrain loader and the 299D2 compact track loader. The three new loaders offer the following features:
- new engine-compartment sealing system is designed to provide enhanced airflow debris control
- uses a Cat C3.8 engine, meeting U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emissions standards
- advanced display accommodates up to 50 operator security codes
- provide improved lifting performance for heavy loads and/or handling larger hydromechanical work tools, the company says
Visit www.cat.com for more information.
6. DCT trailer-mounted Fusion model. Dust Control Technology (DCT), Peoria, Illinois, says it has designed its new DustBoss DB-60 Fusion as “a powerful suppression system with an efficient diesel generator [that] can be hauled to job sites that lack a convenient power source.” Features include:
- delivers up to 62,800 square feet of coverage
- 30 atomizing spray nozzles launch millions of tiny droplets with a 25-horsepower fan that produces 30,000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) of air flow
- atomized mist droplets of 50 to 200 microns in size are thrown out in a 200-foot cone at an adjustable 0-degree to 50-degree elevation angle
- uses about 23 gallons per minute to help avoid water pooling or runoff
- paired with a 45 kilowatt gen set featuring a John Deere Tier III Flex engine with a 100-gallon fuel tank, allowing up to 24 hours of runtime
Visit www.dustboss.com for more information.
7. THunder Creek FST Series trailers. Thunder Creek Equipment, Pella, Iowa, has introduced its new FST Series trailers available in 500-, 750- and 990-gallon diesel capacities with a 100-gallon diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank and an optional field-installed rear utility box. Features include:
- optional rear utility box is 55 percent larger than previous designs and can be installed on any FST Series trailer
- additional options include a three-in-one welder/generator/air compressor, an auxiliary oil tank, a Worksight light tower and a tire kit
- suitable for traveling both on-road at highway speeds and off-road on large job sites
Visit www.thundercreek.com for more information.
8. Komptech single shaft universal shredder. The Terminator from Westminster, Colorado-based Komptech Americas LLC is a single-shaft universal shredder designed for preprocessing difficult-to-shred waste. Features include:
- the blade mounting of the F system (fine system) coupled with a new tooth arrangement puts the full shredding force on just one tooth
- precision cut is aided by a newly developed counter comb
- counter comb is adjustable down to a shredding gap of 2 millimeters for a very fine grain
- can produce a fine shredded product at high rates of throughput for construction and demolition debris, tires, carpet or paper rolls
Visit www.komptechamericas.com for more information.