DX300LC-5 and DX350LC-5 excavators feature reduced emissions levels and multiple power and work modes.
Doosan, based in West Fargo, North Dakota, has introduced two new Tier 4-compliant Doosan excavators in the United States and Canada — the DX300LC-5 and DX350LC-5. The excavators feature improvements in fuel efficiency, productivity and durability, Doosan says, and replace the DX300LC-3 and DX350LC-3 models respectively.
The new Doosan crawler excavators have engine modifications and after-treatment technologies to meet Tier 4 emissions regulations, the company says.
Doosan’s 271-horsepower DX300LC-5 and 318-horsepower DX350LC-5 excavators are powered by Scania diesel engines that have been configured with a high-pressure common-rail (HPCR) fuel delivery system as well as cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR).
The new excavators combine selective catalyst reduction (SCR) with a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) to reduce engine emission levels, according to Doosan.
Available for the DX350LC-5, D-ECOPOWER optimizes hydraulic system output with engine horsepower, improving machine efficiency, productivity and fuel consumption, as well as refining machine control and enhancing operator comfort. A pressure controlled pump, closed center main control valve and various sensors in the excavator are designed to electronically detect and control the precise amount of hydraulic oil required to perform a task.
Similar to previous Doosan excavators, operators can choose from four power modes for more control to better balance fuel consumption and machine power to the working conditions. Power modes include the following:
- Power+ mode: delivers the fastest workgroup speeds for loading trucks, top digging performance and extra power for digging in hard ground
- Power mode: provides exceptional power and performance for tough digging conditions and truck loading tasks
- Standard power mode: balances the excavator’s fuel consumption in everyday digging, grading and lifting tasks
- Economy mode: reduces fuel consumption for low-demand applications, slows down machine movement for conditions that require extra precision
To further match Doosan excavators to the application at hand, operators also can choose from four work modes — digging, breaker, shear and lifting — to maximize efficiency and fuel economy in specific applications.
The new Tier 4 compliant Doosan excavators feature improved fuel efficiency to help owners reduce operating costs. The company says that its Tier 4-compliant DX350LC-5 excavator has a 10 percent fuel savings from the equivalent Tier 3 model, for example. For further fuel savings, auto shutdown helps owners save fuel during non-working conditions.
The excavators also feature an improved 7-inch LCD display panel and the following updates:
- improved serviceability for uptime protection;
- auto belt tensioner: fan and air conditioning;
- anti-skid plates for better traction on steps and other walking surfaces;
- enhanced access to the emergency engine stop;
- battery and alternator upgrades to minimize downtime;
- for greater operator comfort, the floor pedal angle has been improved by 10 degrees.
a number of factory-installed options are available, including:
- additional work lamps;
- cab guarding for special applications;
- diesel-powered coolant heater for cold starts;
- rotate circuit hydraulic piping;
- straight travel pedal, which allows the operator to travel in a straight line more easily; and
- two-way auxiliary hydraulic pedal (in addition to joystick control)
Doosan DX300LC-5 and DX350LC-5 crawler excavators come with a standard three-year subscription to telematics, commonly known as “machine intelligence.” Telematics allows equipment owners to monitor machine location, hours, fuel usage, engine idle versus work time, error codes, and engine and hydraulic temperatures. Owners and fleet managers can monitor their machines remotely after they log in to a website account. Equipment dealers can also help customers through telematics by responding to machine warning messages, providing the proper parts and service after reviewing the website and diagnosing an issue with a machine, and then sending a field service vehicle to make the repairs.
For more information, visit www.doosanequipment.com/dice/products/excavators/Crawler+Excavators.page.