Winners will be recognized at C&D World event in March in Nashville.
Nomination forms for the awards program of the Construction & Demolition Recycling Association (CDRA) are now available for download at www.cdrecycling.org/cdra-awards. The honorees will be announced at the association’s Annual Meeting on March 30 at the C&D World 2015 Exhibition & Conference in Nashville.
The Construction & Demolition Recycling Hall of Fame is part of the CDRA industry awards program. Introduced at C&D World 2013 in Tampa, the hall is designed to honor those individuals whose careers have best served the industry and the CDRA. Recyclers and vendors are eligible for the reward. Currently the Hall of Fame has five members: Mason Brown of Big City Crushed Concrete; Anthony Lomangino of Sun Recycling; Bill Guptail of General Kinematics; Lou Sanzaro of Ocean County (New Jersey) Remanufacturing; and Tadj Ondrick of Ted Ondrick Co.
The CDRA Recycler of the Year award is given annually to recognize the individual or company that exemplifies excellence in the C&D recycling industry. The CDRA Member of the Year award is presented to the CDRA board or committee member deemed to have best served the association in the previous year.
Nominations will be reviewed and winners determined by a committee of the CDRA. Nominations are due by Jan. 14, 2015, and can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be obtained by contacting the CDRA at 630-585-7530 630-585-7530or at email@example.com.
According to the CDRS, candidates for the Construction & Demolition Hall of Fame:
- must exemplify leadership, defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the industry and to improving the processes, efficiencies or the human relations of the industry in an active capacity for a minimum of 10 years;
- should demonstrate courageous thinking and actions as well as vision and innovations in their business actions and personal behavior; and
- can participate in the industry as an owner, operator or vendor.
The CDRA Recycler of the Year is meant to honor recycling operations in the C&D recycling industry that have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry through the one or more of the following criteria:
- advancing business operations that result in increased recycling percentages;
- developing novel methods of marketing and conducting business;
- innovative practices in employer-employee relations;
- ensuring safer operations;
- protecting the environment; and
- developing industry standards.
The CDRA Member of the Year will be selected by a committee of the CDRA based on extraordinary service to the mission of the organization and the C&D Recycling industry during the previous 12-month period.
Candidates must exemplify leadership, which the CDRA defines as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the association and to lending quantifiable contributions to the association. They also must serve on a CDRA committee or the CDRA board of directors.