Six recipients selected for academic achievement and community involvement.
The National Demolition Association (NDA), has announced the names of the six recipients of scholarships presented by the global trade organization representing the demolition industry.
“We’re pleased to present these scholarships to students who have demonstrated a commitment to serve the local community while maintaining a high level of academic achievement,” says Michael R. Taylor, CAE, Executive Director of the Association.
- The Bill and Wanda Baker Scholarship was presented to Ryan Mitacek of Glen Ellyn, Ill. He is a graduating senior at Glenbard South High School in Glen Ellyn. He was nominated for the scholarship by NDA member company Robinette Demolition Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- The National Demolition Association Scholarship was awarded to Laura Kowalik of New Alexandria, Pa., a graduating senior at Derry Area High School. She was nominated by NDA member company Noralco Corp., Pittsburgh. The second recipient of this scholarship is Marc Petrine of Midlothian, Va., who will graduate this year from Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School in Richmond, Va. Petrine was nominated by NDA member company, S.B. Cox Inc., Richmond.
- The NDA Southern California Chapter Scholarship was presented to Nathan Wolf of Fontana, Calif., a student at the University of California, Los Angeles. Three D Service Demolition Contractors, Pomona, Calif., nominated him for the scholarship.
- The Patrick H. O’Rourke Scholarship was awarded to Jovana Stijovic of Garfield, N.J., a student at Bergen County Community College. She was nominated by NDA member company Brandenburg Industrial Service Co., Chicago.
- The Sims Adams Recycling Scholarship was given to Jelena Stijovic of Garfield, N.J., a student at Bergen County Community College, which was offered to qualified students through the NDA.
More information about the NDA is available at www.demolitionassociation.com.