1. Hyundai R260LC-9A Crawler Excavator.
Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas Inc., Norcross, Ga., has announced the addition of its newest crawler excavator, the R260LC-9A. The earthmoving machine provides the following features, according to the company:
- Ideal for midsize excavating, road and utility and demolition jobs
- A 56,880-pound operating rate, a bucket digging force of 38,290 pounds per foot and a maximum dig depth in excess of 22 feet
- An engine with a Cummins Direct Flow air filter, which delivers an improved fuel economy over previous models
- A newly designed color LCD display cluster with easy-to-read digital gauges for monitoring temperature, fuel levels and more
- The Hi-mate Remote Management System, which allows operators and dealer service personnel to access a machine’s vital service and diagnostic information via the Internet
Visit www.hceamericas.com for more information.
2. Genesis LPX 800 Demolition Tool.
Genesis Attachments, Superior, Wis., has announced the expansion of its Logix Processor LXP product family with the introduction of the LXP 800. The model offers the LXP line’s largest jaw openings, jaw depths and capacities, the company says. Features include:
- Concrete pulverizer, shear and concrete cracker jaw openings of 61, 40 and 71 inches and jaw depths of 39, 35 and 50 inches, respectively
- Designed to handle large columns, structures and projects
- Fits 90,000- to 150,000-pound excavators
- Enables customers to change-out jaw sets in 15 minutes
Visit www.genesisattachments.com for more information.
3. Asphalt Drum Mixers Recycle Systems.
Asphalt Drum Mixers Inc. (ADM) Huntertown, Ind., offers four models of portable and stationary recycling systems. Features include:
- A tapered discharge opening leading to the direct-drive belt feeder with a 5-horsepower motor, multiply belt, self-cleaning tail pulley and adjustable skirt boards
- Introduces recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) to the dried aggregate mix after the heating process
- Portable units feature a heavy-duty I-beam frame on a gooseneck trailer with a fifth-wheel kingpin hitch, single axle and air brakes
- A trailer with a hydraulically controlled incline conveyor
- An optional lump breaker is available for ADM’s recycling systems to break down large pieces of RAP to a usable size
Visit www.admasphaltplants.com for more information.
4. Air Technical Industries Compact Mobile Crane.
Air Technical Industries, Mentor, Ohio, has launched a new compact reversible boom crane (RBC) with a number of new features, including:
- A shorter base for operation in crowded industrial environments
- A telescopic mast lifts and lowers the boom in a horizontal position without changing the angle of the boom
- Hydraulically operated crane functions
- Capacities from 1,000 pounds up to 20,000 pounds with a maximum height of up to 20 feet
Visit www.airtechnical.com for more information.
5. Rotobec Demolition Grapples.
The Rotobec Power Attachment (RPA) demolition grapple offers reliability and versatility, according to Rotobec, Sainte-Justine, Quebec. The grapple’s features include:
- Designed for demanding jobs in construction and demolition, recycling, landscaping and general contracting
- Can be equipped with either a dangling or positioned rotator
- A positioned continuous rotator minimizes excavator travel and reduces fuel consumption, undercarriage wear and maintenance costs
- High-pressure cylinders
- Other configurations available include rake, bucket, trash and pulp
Visit www.rotobec.com for more information.
6. Sennebogen 821 Material Handler.
Sennebogen Maschinenfabrik GmbH of Germany launched its new E-Series Model 821 at the bauma 2013 event in Munich in April. Features of the material handler include:
- Covers a broad implementation spectrum and reaches to 13.1 yards (12 meters) and has an operating weight of 23.9 metric tons
- Equipped with a 97-kilowatt Cummins diesel engine
- Available with the maXcab comfort cab, designed for maximum operating comfort, an excellent overview and a high level of safety
- Ideal for numerous application areas, including the recycling of scrap and raw materials and sorting and loading activities
Visit www.sennebogen.com for more information.
7. McCloskey V80 Vertical Shaft Impactor.
McCloskey International, Peterborough, Ontario, debuted its V80 vertical shaft impactor to North America at The World of Asphalt/AGG1 show in San Antonio in March 2013. Features include:
- Designed to be an efficient vertical shaft impactor for producing high specification sealing aggregates, a high proportion of fines required for main roads/road-base or manufactured sand
- The V80 has a CEMCO Turbo T-80 VSI crusher and a 430 horsepower C13 CAT engine
- Feed rate is controlled via control panel, remote control or fully automatic regulation via feedback
- Main conveyor has a large stockpile capacity
- Hydraulic raise/lower lid on the crushing chamber
Visit www.mccloskeyinternational.com for more information.
8. Terex TL160 Compact Wheel Loader.
TL160 compact wheel loader from Terex, Southaven, Miss., offers economical, quiet and low-maintenance operation without sacrificing cutting-edge technology, according to the company. Terex says the TL 160’s features include:
- Ideal for digging, loading and hauling job site materials
- Each model incorporates transverse-mounted engines for optimal stability and low fuel consumption
- Designed with an oscillating rear axle to provide comfort and easy handling on rough terrain
- 100 horsepower
- Bucket capacities between 2 to 4 cubic yards and a breakout force of 19,334 pounds
Visit www.terex.com for more information.